Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 12Sky2
You last visited: Today at 17:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Aeria]Disable Announcement Messages

Discussion on [Aeria]Disable Announcement Messages within the 12Sky2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,003
Talking [Aeria]Disable Announcement Messages

Heya everyone, I got really annoyed with the Announcement messages you know the ones that pop up advertising stuff like EXP Pots or factions being under attack and the likes.

So anyway to disable them:
In cheat engine add this address 004B1388 as a 4 byte or a byte.
Set it to 0 and you will not have those annoying Announcement messages.

Ill explain how I found this since you might be curious.

I used the proxy I made for Twelve Sky 2 and WPE Pro.
I then sniffed for packets traveling across the proxy (using WPE Pro) for an Announcement packet *which did not take too long*
I recognized it instantly being that I have already got it working for the private server.

I added that packet to the send list for wpe pro and sent it to the cilent via the socket the client was connected to the proxy on.

I searched for the text in the message i sent using cheat engine.
I changed the packet to send different text resent it and searched for that text.

I found an area of memory which had a structure containing 41 bytes for data before the message then the message for 60 bytes or something like that.

I found a byte which was set to 01 if there was an announcement displaying and 00 if there was not so i added it and looked at what was writing to it.

004B1384 - c7 44 8a 08 01 00 00 00 - mov [edx+ecx*4+08],00000001

And the code moved a 01 into an address at a pointer. So I just told it to put in 0 instead and bam no announcements.

Now for future editing which I will try is to code cave the chat and announcements so i can add my own in using just map fun and write process memory. So that I don't have to inject any dll's at all should be fun.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 04/10/2010, 16:34   #2

good jub mamn finaly no stupid spam
Old 04/10/2010, 20:30   #3

Nice find Including that in Map Fun would be good.
Old 04/11/2010, 00:36   #4

Shall do
Old 02/24/2018, 07:40   #5

How TO bypass XTrap ??
Old 03/03/2018, 07:20   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Byte View Post
Heya everyone, I got really annoyed with the Announcement messages you know the ones that pop up advertising stuff like EXP Pots or factions being under attack and the likes.

So anyway to disable them:
In cheat engine add this address 004B1388 as a 4 byte or a byte.
Set it to 0 and you will not have those annoying Announcement messages.

Ill explain how I found this since you might be curious.

I used the proxy I made for Twelve Sky 2 and WPE Pro.
I then sniffed for packets traveling across the proxy (using WPE Pro) for an Announcement packet *which did not take too long*
I recognized it instantly being that I have already got it working for the private server.

I added that packet to the send list for wpe pro and sent it to the cilent via the socket the client was connected to the proxy on.

I searched for the text in the message i sent using cheat engine.
I changed the packet to send different text resent it and searched for that text.

I found an area of memory which had a structure containing 41 bytes for data before the message then the message for 60 bytes or something like that.

I found a byte which was set to 01 if there was an announcement displaying and 00 if there was not so i added it and looked at what was writing to it.

004B1384 - c7 44 8a 08 01 00 00 00 - mov [edx+ecx*4+08],00000001

And the code moved a 01 into an address at a pointer. So I just told it to put in 0 instead and bam no announcements.

Now for future editing which I will try is to code cave the chat and announcements so i can add my own in using just map fun and write process memory. So that I don't have to inject any dll's at all should be fun.
Hey mate, Are you using the 09 Aeria version of twelve Sky 2? And if so, did you get the data base to work?
Old 03/03/2018, 20:22   #7

Hey Buggsywt, check the post date.
This is ancient on real game when it was hosted.