Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion > Aion Guides & Strategies
You last visited: Today at 08:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Mass extract all .pak files + convert bxml to xml

Discussion on Mass extract all .pak files + convert bxml to xml within the Aion Guides & Strategies forum part of the Aion category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Mass extract all .pak files + convert bxml to xml

This is a tool to extract all the pak files under the chosen directory recursive and convert all binary xml files to normal xml files.

Just extract the file and start the AionExtract.exe

"Aion Data Dir" choose the directory you want to extract for examle /Aion/Data it will extract all *.pak files in every directory and subdirectory.

"Extract to" choose the directory in which you want the extracted data.

It is based on 2 programs written by other ppl, pak2zip and Gibbed.Aion.ConvertXml.

I just added the ability to recursive batch extract the files and compiled the pak2zip to an exe to save the need of installing python.
Attached Files
File Type: rar aion_extract.rar (851.1 KB, 5211 views)
Thanks
24 Users
Old 06/25/2009, 07:50   #2

elite*gold: 10
works!

Thanks for sharing

Virustotal links:

€dit: did you found a way to decrypt the quest.html files too ? :/

for example
Old 06/25/2009, 10:34   #3

No I didnt do much with the game yet, even didnt know there are such files :P
Old 06/29/2009, 14:15   #4

Hello, how are we to decrypt the file. Html?
Ex: quest_0000.html
Old 07/07/2009, 08:56   #5

When I try to extract the files, I get the following error:

This occurs when it gets to the file:

Levels\LoginStage\Level.pak

Here is the details from the error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.SharpZipBaseException: Unexpected EOF
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.Streams.In flaterInputBuffer.Fill()
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.Streams.In flaterInputBuffer.ReadLeByte()
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.Streams.In flaterInputBuffer.ReadLeShort()
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.Compression.Streams.In flaterInputBuffer.ReadLeInt()
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipInputStream.GetNext Entry()
at AionExtract.MainForm.UnZipFiles(String zipPathAndFile, String outputFolder, String password, Boolean deleteZipFile)
at AionExtract.MainForm.Button3Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///J:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AionExtract
Assembly Version: 1.0.3460.26582
Win32 Version: 1.0.3460.26582
CodeBase: file:///J:/Users/David%20Manvell/Desktop/AION%20Extract%20new/aion_extract/AionExtract.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///J:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///J:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///J:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///J:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
Assembly Version: 0.85.5.452
Win32 Version: 0.85.5.452
CodeBase: file:///J:/Users/David%20Manvell/Desktop/AION%20Extract%20new/aion_extract/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

================================================== =====================
================================================== ========================
================================================== =====================

UPDATE:

I was able to remove the three files from my AION\Levels\LoginStage folder and run the AIONExtract again and it extracted all the rest of the files.

Has anyone had any luck decoding the html files?
Old 07/07/2009, 10:22   #6

Kinu Plis tell more in detail as you decoded .xml files. What are soft you use. I hav are tow problems. How to decode xml files, and how to decode html files. People plis help.
Old 08/04/2009, 19:15   #7

Hello, how I can code xml back to .pak? I want to run aion with several modifications
Old 08/04/2009, 20:37   #8

elite*gold: 10
there is no tool yet to convert back to .pak
Old 08/07/2009, 11:26   #9

If the .PAK for Aion has already been decrypted, doesn't that make it easy to create an encrypter? Basicly you reverse what PAk2ZIP does.

Hope someone do it.
Old 08/15/2009, 13:52   #10

Prompt please in what file it is possible to find cordinates npc, monsters, objects in the world?
Old 09/10/2009, 20:10   #11

Does somebody know how to decrypt the html files? For example quest_q1000.html under \L10N\DEU\data\dialogs

The BXML Converter can't convert this files.

Greets
Saij
Old 02/11/2010, 20:46   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saij View Post
Does somebody know how to decrypt the html files? For example quest_q1000.html under \L10N\DEU\data\dialogs

The BXML Converter can't convert this files.

Greets
Saij
What are you trying to convert? HTML files are web pages. The game just uses these files for certain programming elements of the game. There are no graphics, sounds, models, or animation data in these. The HTML files are already decrypted, if you want to do anything to these files you need to learn what the game company is using them for...

ON a separate note, I am very thankful at whoever made this executable! recursive batching is an awesome time-saver. However, I've noticed (at least on my system) that I can't seem to get passed a certain point before i get a CRC error. The CRC errors are not always in the exact same location. My very first CRC error was right on the first Music\Pak_000.pak, I clicked on continue and nothing happened so I clicked on start extract and it started from the very beginning. This time it was able to make it through music\pak_001.pak and on pak_002.pak it CRC's out. So far it's done it 3 times on pak_002.pak and I can't seem to get passed it, until just now: it started reading into music\pak_003.pak and CRC'd out again. I'm on my 10th try now, and already I get a CRC just into the first few paks it usually has no problem tearing through! Again with the "CRC Mismatch".

G:\NCSoft\Aion\Textures\ui\zonemap\Pak_001.pak
converting G:\NCSoft\Aion\Textures\ui\zonemap\Pak_001.pak to zip fileExtracting file

Just for reference I am using an external USB 2.0 hard drive for where my game installs go.
I am running Win 7 ultimate x64, 8gb DDR2 800 RAM, Core 2 duo 2.66ghz; OS is installed to C: (2x western digital 150gb 10k rpm Raptors), games installed to an external USB 2.0 western digital mybook 2tb 7200 rpm drive with a direct connection to the USB port on the motherboard (not a hub). and my extraction path is going to yet another external hard drive on firewire 400.

Update:: After trying several times failing to get passed these CRCs. I thought about how to get around it. So, thinking of the recursive batching feature in the program I decided to try going into a particular folder in the game's main directory that I wanted to see converted, and doing this one at a time. I did keep in mind that my extract path should also reflect this folder change so that the files don't just get all bunched into 1 directory.

Starting with Bin32 directory (just to test it out) just treat the program like it's scanning the directory. IE:
Aion Data Dir: (Choose) G:\NCSoft\Aion\*folder you want to extract*
Extract to: (Choose) F:\Temp\Aion\*same named folder as above*

I'm just using seperate drives for my own reasons. so far I've been successful at extracting both the Bin32 folder and the Data folder this way.
Old 03/01/2010, 21:55   #13

this is a best unpacer for aion files pak
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2010, 12:19   #14

Can someone help me? I need a program that opens/extracts .PAK files. For some reason I can't find any that works!

I have a game called timesplitters and I want to extract the sound files and non of the programs want to open it!
Old 04/24/2010, 04:48   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulburned85 View Post
What are you trying to convert? HTML files are web pages. The game just uses these files for certain programming elements of the game. There are no graphics, sounds, models, or animation data in these. The HTML files are already decrypted, if you want to do anything to these files you need to learn what the game company is using them for...

ON a separate note, I am very thankful at whoever made this executable! recursive batching is an awesome time-saver. However, I've noticed (at least on my system) that I can't seem to get passed a certain point before i get a CRC error. The CRC errors are not always in the exact same location. My very first CRC error was right on the first Music\Pak_000.pak, I clicked on continue and nothing happened so I clicked on start extract and it started from the very beginning. This time it was able to make it through music\pak_001.pak and on pak_002.pak it CRC's out. So far it's done it 3 times on pak_002.pak and I can't seem to get passed it, until just now: it started reading into music\pak_003.pak and CRC'd out again. I'm on my 10th try now, and already I get a CRC just into the first few paks it usually has no problem tearing through! Again with the "CRC Mismatch".

G:\NCSoft\Aion\Textures\ui\zonemap\Pak_001.pak
converting G:\NCSoft\Aion\Textures\ui\zonemap\Pak_001.pak to zip fileExtracting file

Just for reference I am using an external USB 2.0 hard drive for where my game installs go.
I am running Win 7 ultimate x64, 8gb DDR2 800 RAM, Core 2 duo 2.66ghz; OS is installed to C: (2x western digital 150gb 10k rpm Raptors), games installed to an external USB 2.0 western digital mybook 2tb 7200 rpm drive with a direct connection to the USB port on the motherboard (not a hub). and my extraction path is going to yet another external hard drive on firewire 400.

Update:: After trying several times failing to get passed these CRCs. I thought about how to get around it. So, thinking of the recursive batching feature in the program I decided to try going into a particular folder in the game's main directory that I wanted to see converted, and doing this one at a time. I did keep in mind that my extract path should also reflect this folder change so that the files don't just get all bunched into 1 directory.

Starting with Bin32 directory (just to test it out) just treat the program like it's scanning the directory. IE:
Aion Data Dir: (Choose) G:\NCSoft\Aion\*folder you want to extract*
Extract to: (Choose) F:\Temp\Aion\*same named folder as above*

I'm just using seperate drives for my own reasons. so far I've been successful at extracting both the Bin32 folder and the Data folder this way.
I just used the main aion directory to start unpacking, and packed it to a new folder. It pretty much cloned the entire aion directory and cleaned it up.

also.. The HTML files ARE encrypted, I decrypted using aiondisasm. They are all pretty in Korean language though, Haha!

//edit epic fail.. forgot about the l10n folder ^^ all that is the english versions!