Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames
You last visited: Today at 21:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Grepolis 2 bot

Discussion on [Release] Grepolis 2 bot within the Browsergames forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release] Grepolis 2 bot

Notice
The development of the Grepolis 2 bot has ended. It has been a fun project but it is time to move on. The source code is now available on GitHub so other developers can continue my work.

Final release
You can download the final release at and the user guide is available at my .

Open source
The source code is available on . Feel free to fork my project to continue with your own version. If you have any questions about the source code, need some extra comments, or got compile errors, let me know.

Alternative
If you are looking for a good alternative check the following link:

Original text.
Thanks
218 Users
Old 04/22/2011, 22:27   #2

Frequently Asked Questions:
  • Stack overflow at line 225/226
    Since version 1.1.4 the bot can use IE 9 which solves the Stack overflow problem. If you are using Windows XP you can only use IE 8 (IE 9 doesn't work on XP), but I think Grepolis solved that bug for IE 8 too.
  • Why is my reconnect timer different then in the settings?
    The reconnect timer is random. The minimum value is your "Reconnect Timer" setting, the maximum value is your "Reconnect Timer" setting +20 minutes.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2011, 22:27   #3

Thanks
10 Users
Old 04/22/2011, 22:52   #4

need your advice, how to setting the server? are still use en.grepolis.com or zz.grepolis.com?
why connecting so long?
Old 04/22/2011, 23:01   #5

If the connecting is taking too long then there is probably something wrong with your server settings.

The server settings are working the same as the bot for Grepolis 1. Just look at the address bar of your browser to find the correct settings.

~Uthar
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2011, 23:15   #6

i tried to setting with en2.grepolis.com...nothing happened....
main server : en.grepolis.com...nothing happened too...
Old 04/22/2011, 23:19   #7

And on browser tab, when i click login, the browser was show up my town...please give me solution for that m8. thank you
Old 04/22/2011, 23:25   #8

This bot works only for Grepolis 2, you can only use it on the new servers.
For the English servers this are only en17, en18 and en19.

~Uthar
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2011, 23:32   #9

okay thank you for your advice, i try it...
Old 04/23/2011, 03:48   #10

problem

Configured correctly ... but I can not create anything ... I get to enter the account ... but did not increase any building, what is wrong ... br server
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/23/2011, 09:31   #11

What mode are you using for the building queue? The one with target enabled or disabled?

~Uthar
Old 04/23/2011, 10:07   #12

Talking thank you

thank you for your work!

just a small response:

bot works fine with me. i just created a new grepo-2 - account to test. building-queue runs, unit-queue does also. for beeing a beta, all components are great an stabil for now. runs for 30 minuntes and is not beeing detected antil now. lets see.

feature-wishlist is long, you know, auto-transfer between towns, auto-farming, culture-parties - but i will not post it right now because i think you have to do a lot yet, so i must not tell you "more more more!" right now.

i dont think its a bug, but to say: you know, that in the "browser"-tab you cant interact with the game? you just can see. building-queue is not displayed. buttons are not´clickable, mails not readable.

there is no "save" button. i think bot will save automatical?

there is no way to see resources left in the town. browser-tab does not display either (only when closing bot an re-login)

there is no time-left-display for building-queues.

tanx al lot for this! i cant wait until my world will be updated in grepolis-2-version, so i can use the new bot

-
Old 04/23/2011, 12:16   #13

Hey Inche thanks for the feedback.
You're correct, there are still a lot things to do and I have some nice ideas that I want to try out
The next feature I'm going to work on will be the farmers system.

About your problem with the browser tab,
Only happened one time so far for me and wasn't able to reproduce the problem. Normally you can just read the forum, check your ingame message and everything else you want to do ingame.
There are however multiple layout problems with the browser for example the resources and the building queue aren't updated correctly. (This is because the .NET browser is based on an old IE engine.)

There is indeed no global save button because most things are saved automatic. But you'll have to save the building/unit queue manually when you edit them (There is a save button for each town).

I'll add the resources for each town somewhere, probably in a new tab called Towns, with some other useful information

A time-left-display for the building queue didn't seem necessarily because you can see now exactly what is in the ingame building queue and it didn't really fit in the interface. I'll however update the unit queue because you have no idea what is going on at the moment.

And regarding the feature requests, just keep posting them and I'll add them to the list. Then everybody knows what has been suggested.

~Uthar
Old 04/23/2011, 13:39   #14

I usually come in ... ... ... the connection is only normal that when I send ... select enable and build target, put the amount I want .... except that the drawings of the buildings appears only in 'Queeu "bot nothing appears in" Queeu "game ... I'm doing something wrong ....
Old 04/23/2011, 13:45   #15

When you have the checkbox named "target" enabled then you can leave the Queue (Bot) empty. You only need to enter the building levels you want to have.
If you use the default timer settings the bot will update your building queue every 20 minutes. So after 20 minutes you will see a new building in Queue (Game)

~Uthar