Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 14:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to Edit Your Mouse Cursor

Discussion on How to Edit Your Mouse Cursor within the CO2 Guides & Templates forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to Edit Your Mouse Cursor

Alright. Seeing as how this is all about client edits, I figured I'd post a how to on cursors. It's not that difficult really.

First off, head on to your cursor folder:

Now that you're in your cursor folder, you'll want to know what cursors you want to change. There's two cursors you'll probably want to focus on. Pk and Normal. Normal is the normal cursor wherever you are. Pk is whenever your cursor is hovered over another player or mob.

Now that we know what files you'd like to edit, you'll need some software to be able to save files in a .ani fashion. This one is pretty good. It's called and it's free. There's an extra 3d thing you can choose to add or not. However, that part isn't free. The rest is. is the download for the program.

Now once you have installed the program, open it up. You can click and drag any image you want into the program. Then go to cursor and click create animated cursor.

There will be a window that pops up after you click create animated cursor. Just hit ok. Unless you're wanting to create your own custom cursor using the program itself.

Remember that a mouse cursor should be a reasonable size. So make sure the image is already within a reasonable limit or else edit it in your favorite image editing software.

Save the image(s) as Pk.ani and/or Normal.ani and you'll be all set. Then just put them into your cursor folder and voila. Log in and enjoy your new edited cursor. Here is an example of a cursor I did for a friend:

If you like the cursor, or want to try it out, I attached it below in a zip file.

Alternative Cursor Editing Software:

Notes: I haven't really made many custom cursors as of yet. I might bother if I have the time to do so. You are all welcome to post your custom cursors; if you wish to do so. A simple change can drastically change your game play. For the better =].

Here is the actual cursor itself. In case you're interested in it of course. It's a 16x16 cursor. Should be pretty fair. Have fun toying with the dimensions and graphics. Good luck!

EDIT: Added my custom made crosshair cursor. Made it in a few minutes. I know I can improve on it. I need to try out different colors and maybe make it actually animated. It works pretty darn well though.

Here's what it looks like:

I know it looks small on here, but trust me. It works great in game. I'll show up a blown up version of it: Added the crosshair cursor attachment as Cursor.zip. Just backup your old cursors and extract it into your cursor folder. Have fun.

EDIT2: Oh and my bad on the first cursor demo. It was just a demo and I forgot about the hotspot. The crosshair cursor is deadset on the eye of the crosshair. Meaning it's right in the center. I'll fix the other one asap.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Normal.zip (2.2 KB, 282 views)
File Type: zip Cursor.zip (550 Bytes, 486 views)
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/15/2009, 18:40   #2

thx bro
it'll be useful
Old 05/22/2009, 00:17   #3

Updated with a new crosshair cursor that's helpful in fast blading.