Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE]How to make your very OWN edits!!

Discussion on [GUIDE]How to make your very OWN edits!! within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[GUIDE]How to make your very OWN edits!!

I don't know if this is the right section or not, but whatever, sorry.

I guess if you are reading this you want to learn how to make your own edits!
First of all, you will need a few things to get started:

Adobe Photoshop Cs2/Cs3/Cs4 ~
.dds Photoshop Plug-in ~
.dds Thumbnail Viewer ~
WDF Extractor ~ WDF
c3 Effect and Texture Names ~

I think thats it!
Now just a side note, the WDF Extractor is not necessary to make edits. It just extracts all of the files that TQ has hidden in your client. It opens up doors to many different textures and effects in your client.
Another side note, the c3 Effect and Texture Names is merely a list of the Armors, Garments, and Effects in the c3 folder. It tells you just about everything you need to know. Only problem is that the Garments are only for small males at the moment. Later, I will find the IDs of the large male, small female, and large female garments. It is not necessary but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED just so you know what you want to edit and which file to edit.

Now make sure you installed everything (except the Extractor if you downloaded it, it runs without installation, just read the instructions located in the .rar file)

Now here's the guide:
Ok, now that we have everything, I will show you how to make a simple edit. How about...the simplest edit in the client, the 2nd Rb Vigor?

1) Find the file you want to edit. In this case, it would be in your CLIENT > c3 > effect > 2ndMetampsychosis. You want to edit the 1.dds file. If this is your first edit, you should right click the file and click Open with... and then click Choose Program. Select Photoshop from the list of options and check off the box that says Always use the selected program to open this type of file. Now open the file!

2) Photoshop should have opened up and it should look like this:

3) Now, most editing only requires changing the hue (color) and saturation of the file. So to open up the options for that, its Ctrl + U.
This menu should have appeared:

4) Just slide the bars under the Hue or Saturation options. DONT TOUCH THE Light BAR!!! If there is multiple colors on your file, you can select one of 6 out of the slide down list on the top of the Hue and Saturation page. Or you can press Colorize to change all of the colors to the same exact Hue. I'm going to make my Vigor red, so I'll press Colorize and slide the Hue bar to 360 and the Saturation bar to 75, because I don't want it to be too bright.

5) Now if you like the way it looks, all you have to do is save it. Remember to leave all options as default, except for the top slide down list. Change that to DXT3 ARGB (Explicit Alpha). This is basically the last step!

6) The last step to editing...but of course you want to test your edit! So close all opened clients, and re-open them. Log in to the game (of course) and go on any character with the effect or texture that you edited. Finally, look at your brilliant work! Very Happy

I hope you liked and understood my guide! If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask here.
Good luck editing, and always make sure to post your edits here for criticism and if people want your edit, post a download link for it!

UPDATE: How to Install and use edits!
Code:
[GUIDE]How to use and install edits
Since I'm probably going to be posting a lot of edits on here, I may as well write a guide to using them!
Here it goes:

Basically, a client edit is client sided, which means only the person who has the edit in his client folder can see it. No one else will know if you have a client edit or not. An edit is basically changing the .dds files in your conquer folders of effects or textures of anything in the game.

There are a few different types of edits:

Textures - The base look of weapons, armors, and garments.

Effects - Spells, skills, super weapon glows, and any other effects.

Interface - Basically the HUD on your Conquer client. All of the buttons, chat boxes, your inventory, EVERYTHING of that sort.

Ok, now that we know that, lets get to installing them.

1) To install effects, you must put them in the c3 > effect folder in your client. Effects are different than the other types, because you cant just have the edited file, but you have to have it in the correct folder also. So lets use an example. You want to download a cool glow for your level 130 Super Buried Blade. It comes in the blade folder, which is located in c3 > effects. There are 2 ways to install the effect. You can either drag the entire blade folder containing your edit and paste in into your main conquer client c3 > effect folder. OR you can just copy the edited files, and not the folder, and paste it into the c3 > effect > blade > 410335 folder. (the 410335 folder is the folder made specifically for the level 130 super blade; there is about 12 folders in the c3 > effect > blade folder for different high level weapons.) I think you understand that.

2) Installing textures is easier. Each texture is made up of just 1 file, and you can just place that in your c3 > texture folder and replace the older one with the edited one. Then you are done!

3) There aren't many interface edits out there. Still, you may need this. Installing an interface is pretty simple. The interface comes in the client > data folder. (By saying client > data, I mean that data is in the main client folder, no sub folders.) You just drag the edited data folder into your main conquer client folder and just replace the old data folder with the new one. Simple!

Remember to always restart any existing clients after installing your edits. If you don't they won't work!

Good luck and just leave a post here or PM me if you need any help at all. I know where just about any edit will go, so don't be afraid to ask me!
Thanks
61 Users
Old 03/21/2010, 08:52   #2

very useful topic i guess helps alot ppl who really want to mod but don't know how to get it +k for you mate
Old 03/22/2010, 00:35   #3

Received Thanks: 5,291
Oh nice guide.
Descriptive much.
Very useful.
Will open others minds to more advanced editing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2010, 03:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
Oh nice guide.
Descriptive much.
Very useful.
Will open others minds to more advanced editing.
Yeah, hopefully.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/23/2010, 05:14   #5

it will trust me it happened to me
Old 03/24/2010, 03:00   #6

****, wish this was released alot earlier, i had trouble trying to edit items, worked it out eventually. Shame im probably the worst person at PS, well it was fun xD
Old 03/24/2010, 12:18   #7

btw CompacticCo do u know how to use da aphal channel cuz i was thinking of making a better guild on aphal channels so ya i suk at making guilds xD thats why i asked xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/24/2010, 22:43   #8

elite*gold: 146
Received Thanks: 9,968
I guess this section could need this as a sticky .
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/25/2010, 07:37   #9

woooooo cool now its easier to find great work compactic
Old 03/29/2010, 01:04   #10

#updated
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/29/2010, 02:02   #11

Thank you very much, you really are the best ...
But where are the. "dds" of Twin city ... or walls of "TwinCastel City"
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/05/2010, 10:23   #12

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
This is the third thread how to edit vigors. -.-
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/05/2010, 12:02   #13

come on huseby he is done a good job on explaining and adding links to downloads i think he should get alot thanks he is done a very great job
Old 04/05/2010, 14:54   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huseby View Post
This is the third thread how to edit vigors. -.-
This isn't a lesson on how to edit vigors, I just used it as an example.
Old 04/05/2010, 15:14   #15

elite*gold: 111
There are at least 3 other guides on this forum that are the exact same as this. This is just a knockoff. The original one was on the cofuture forums, evanxx made on too. heres glupkotrup's version:
You are just a copycat, even if you made this yourself, you should search around on the forums first.

The on I would suggest, which is the best is this one: made by (x.X) in 2006.

In other words, this thread should not be stickied. There are other which are better.
Thanks
2 Users
Closed Thread