Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[ALL SRO] edxSilkroadLoader Beta

Discussion on [ALL SRO] edxSilkroadLoader Beta within the SRO Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 260
Received Thanks: 3,751
[ALL SRO] edxSilkroadLoader Beta

Please note this thread is long and some of the posts are outdated. I'll be making a new thread that is more cleaned up and organized on the next release, so please be patient in the mean time. If you need any help, just send me a PM!

(w/ source) -- Open the 'bin' folder for the executable!

The rest of this post is OLD now, please read the post linked above.

About

It's finally done and ready for some beta testing! edxSilkroadLoader is a generic loader for all Silkroad versions (non-private server of course). It will apply the following patches to the game:
- Multiclient: Allows multiple instances of the game and login
- Zoomhack: Infinite zoom
- English Patch: Patches foreign languages to English so no PK2 edits are needed.
- Swear Filter: Allows chat swearing.
- Nude Patch: Extra layer of clothes removed.

In addition, the project is setup to be entirely PK2 driven and auto-update on client patches. Since this is a new project I'd suspect some auto update features might break, but they can be fixed.

Testing Information

jSRO - No testing done since I cannot get the jSRO files and they have an IP ban on all non-Japense IPs. I'm no too worried about support for this version. Need: Anyone who has jSRO and plays it to test it all. I also need the jSRO DIVISIONINFO.TXT file from Media.pk2.

kSRO - Testing up to login server done so far. I can't actually login since I have to setup my computer to allow entering Korean without crashing the client. Need: people to login and verify it works.

cSRO - Fully tested and no problems. However, the cSRO client is compiled differently than the other SRO versions, so I had to introduce some hacks in my code to correctly calculate the addresses.

iSRO - Fully tested and no problems so far. Generic user testing is needed.

vSRO - Fully tested and no problems so far. Generic user testing is needed.

tSRO - Fully tested and no problems so far. Generic user testing is needed.

Program Information

edxSilkroadLoader is two parts: a loader and an injected DLL. The loader will allow you to choose your Silkroad directory via choosing the sro_client.exe in the folder. Once the directories are set, you can select which one you want to launch. For each version, you will see information on the Language, Country, and Version. You will then be able to select the Division server and then the Login Server the client connects to.

The DLL contains generic byte signatures to search for in the client that is being loaded. Some patches are complex like multiclient and English patch while others are more simple like nude and zoom. Additional patches will be looked into the future for even more power, but for now it's good to start simple and work out any initial flaws in the program.

For testing purposes, the DLL has a debugging console enabled, so you will have some extra windows open if you run a lot of clients. This will be disabled later but for now it's important to help figuring out if any patches fail. I've tested all Silkroad versions myself except for jSRO, but I am on Windows 7 and things might not work out the same on other OSs.

So, if you have any problems, please give me as much information as you can!

The project is also compatible with my recently released guides on edxSilkroadProxy and the edxDetour. If you have an edxSilkroadProxy process running and the proper edxDetour data file in the Silkroad directory it will detour the connect for you. If you don't have the edxDetour file it won't detour and if you aren't running edxSilkroadProxy, no detour is made either. I'll add precreated detour files to the edxDetour thread for those interested.

Project Information

I came up with this project idea after working on (which will no longer be under development as this project replaces it). After updating my PK2 API a few weeks back for my edxNVMViewer project and just the other day to fix the bugs, I realized I could easily make a loader data driven rather than trying to hard code the connect addresses. From there, everything else just fell into place. I rewrote my byte signature searching code so it's more powerful and easier to use now and it's worked out nicely.

This project will be open source and free to use and modify as you need after the beta testing is done. Right now I need to make sure there are no serious flaws with the project (need testers!) and then I need to clean up the code a bit as it's really messy and not well documented at the moment. I'm hoping to get people to test today and tomorrow and then after the inspections if there are any client updates, make sure nothing just falls apart.

Screenshots

Download

Attached - (2 false positives)

The files aren't packed and still have Visual Studio debug information in them if you want to look through them. I suspect there is too much "generic" code to get these to compile with no results.

I'm open to all suggestions, comments, and bug reports. Just remember the tool is still in a Beta stage and can use some aesthetic improvements.
Thanks
94 Users
Old 08/24/2009, 01:20   #2

elite*gold: 0
cant wait to see what you've done with the coding.. nj!
Old 08/24/2009, 02:39   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,197
A universal loader that will never, (or very rarely) need updating will be a very helpful tool

I hope you keep working on the project, good job

#Sticky
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/24/2009, 08:09   #4

at ksro the loader cant read the media.pk2
but very good work
Old 08/24/2009, 08:25   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedx View Post
About

kSRO - Testing up to login server done so far. I can't actually login since I have to setup my computer to allow entering Korean without crashing the client. Need: people to login and verify it works.
Working like a Champion in English even in the new update, I am able to log in 4 clients. Just have few questions if you don't mind:

-Why there is a debug windows and do we need to let it to be on all the time, cause if I shut it off all clients will be off too.
-Is there any way to config features in client? because in KSRO they already have nude patch as defaut or I don't want zoom to save resource.
-There are some tabs in main menu are blanked, it's just like some of the buttons in log in menu was blanked, it's not effect any thing to client, I just let you know about it, in case you need to specify, I will try to post those images for you.
-Is there any way to make all process to minimize or hidden because as I said for saving resource when we log in multiple clients.

Finally, Thanks a millions for your work, hope you will have more time to do a fine tune on this Loader. Even you don't, it's more than happy for me to use this Loader as is right now.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/24/2009, 08:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac1122 View Post
at ksro the loader cant read the media.pk2
but very good work
Interesting, can you give me more details about your computer and how your KSRO is setup? Is the problem from the Loader or until after you start the client so DLL.dll is causing the issue? Can you take a screenshot of the entire console for me or copy and paste the text (maximal console and scroll up or use the console window icon to select mark to select the text)

I can load KSRO just fine and it gets the Media.pk2 for Loader and the DLL, so whatever extra information you can provide would be most beneficial! Thanks.

Quote:
-Why there is a debug windows and do we need to let it to be on all the time, cause if I shut it off all clients will be off too.
That is enabled only for beta testing and is not going to be a part of a real release. At this stage though, the only way for me to get specific information from people if anything doesn't work is through that console box. I can't easily log information unless I added more code to write it to a common directory (which I do have the ability, but then users have tons of new files on their PC), so I just opted with the console for now. I can't use one log file either due to issues with multiple processes trying to write to it, it'd be a mess so the only way would be multiple unique files.

Quote:
-Is there any way to config features in client? because in KSRO they already have nude patch as defaut or I don't want zoom to save resource.
Not yet, but I'll look into that. I need that same functionality for people to select clients to detour as well. What I could do is just make another GUi window that pops up that lets you configure which options and that might work the best. I'm not sure if people would really want that or not so I'll be prototyping that out soon.

I didn't know KSRO already had nude patch so I can code that in to not do it, even though it shouldn't cause a problem. I wasted hours on CSRO trying to figure out why the English patch wasn't working when it was because 1.141 CSRO was already in English!

Quote:
-There are some tabs in main menu are blanked, it's just like some of the buttons in log in menu was blanked, it's not effect any thing to client, I just let you know about it, in case you need to specify, I will try to post those images for you.
Those are from non-English text entries being used where there is no English translation yet. If someone added the textual translations to the PK2 for those items, it'd appear normal, but then you have to worry about PK2 updates where those translations are lost and then worry further about other changes. So, it's just one of the inconveniences to playing in English on a non-English version.

Quote:
-Is there any way to make all process to minimize or hidden because as I said for saving resource when we log in multiple clients.
I had one request for a /min command, but at this time, I can't add command processing until I do more testing with this simple version and then come up with generic patches for all the versions to allow the console hooking. I'd like to add that eventually.

Quote:
Finally, Thanks a millions for your work, hope you will have more time to do a fine tune on this Loader. Even you don't, it's more than happy for me to use this Loader as is right now.
Thanks for the feedback and comments!

This project will be an open source project soon. However, the code is really messy now and not well documented so I'm going to spend a few days cleaning up stuff so if anyone is interested in making their own versions or changing things for their own project, they can. That's the only reason I didn't include the source already, not too happy with the layout.

In addition, I wanted to get more testers since I've tested all myself except for login to KSRO and JSRO and had no issues. I'm hoping to get more people to test and if any clients patch this inspection, we'll see how it goes!
Old 08/24/2009, 09:24   #7

Thanks
1 User
Old 08/24/2009, 09:37   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac1122 View Post
Ok thanks, that's perfect!

The problem has to do with unicode symbols in your path and how the application only supports multibyte. See those weird symbols in the directory edit box? Is there anyway you can make the path read:

"F:\-Jatekok-\Felrakott\kSilkroad\media.pk2"

instead? If you can make the edit box say that without the other symbol and it still does not work, the problem has to do with the underlying code trying to use the other path with symbols it doesn't support. Your path directory symbol is what is causing the problem though.
Old 08/24/2009, 09:37   #9

okay now working thanks
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/24/2009, 10:14   #10

Are you going to add IP redirection?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/24/2009, 11:05   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuya¹ View Post
Are you going to add IP redirection?
See my for more information on that topic.

In short, I'd rather just use the edxDetour route since it's generic and can work for anything (that's not packed or protected of course), but if it's really too much of a hassle for most people, I'll look into something more customized for the project.
Old 08/24/2009, 11:38   #12

nice work
if you need some other sigs, the one i used for my project (UModE) still seem to work
i have them as strings with question marks as wildcards

2 questions: what about encrypted/packed clients? is it working there? how?
2nd) and what about the protection in csro? i was not able to use an injected dll there...
Old 08/24/2009, 13:13   #13

Received Thanks: 6,289
Tested on:
- ISRO: Worked fine without problems.
- KSRO: Worked fine, not tested in-game due to unusable language pack on my Win XP x64 system >_<
- JSRO: I downloaded and installed it normally, the update of the client required about 30 min (japanse servers are slowly...). After the update the edxLoader worked fine... until the game start. The GameGuard updated normally, appeared the Loading window, and then... the game crashed and appeared the SilkErrSender window. Probably is a problem of my PC because I haven't installed any asian language pack.
Some pics:

Oh and I attach the DIVISIONINFO.TXT file from JSRO client.
Also I have some suggestions =)
1. Make the GUI small, that GUI is too bigger XD
2. Show checkboxes for select the desired mods for aplicate them to the game, like the Rumata's loader.
3. Make a faster code or fix the slow problem when you select the directory to load (Step 2). After some uses it becomes annoying XD

Keep your work up, this kind of tools helps a lot of people =)
Attached Files
File Type: txt DIVISIONINFO.TXT (35 Bytes, 57 views)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/24/2009, 13:17   #14

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,197
Quote:
1. Make the GUI small, that GUI is too bigger XD
Remember it is only in beta, the GUI is really not important right now ^^
Old 08/24/2009, 19:24   #15

Is working great on TSro ^^
Dont have any problem at the moment.