Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi > Mabinogi Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits
You last visited: Today at 13:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Gerent Installer r67

Discussion on [Release] Gerent Installer r67 within the Mabinogi Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits forum part of the Mabinogi category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release] Gerent Installer r68 **Updated: 10/20/2010

Mabinogi Gerent Patch v2.7BE **[11/12/2010]
Currently for:
NA - r70 | EU - r8 | TW - r132 | CN - r122

Warning: Though I’ve tried to make this as . . . user-friendly as possible, I cannot please everyone.

Information:
  • - Memory Patch based on Fantasia’s source

- Affects dbghelp.dll, respectively calls to dbghelp.dllx
    • No, it has nothing to do with Nogi lv299

- Included: Optional installer which uses the Tiara’s Moonshine package idea—and files for the most part. Modified along with additional files included; i.e. auto-production limit removal.
    • Keep in mind that the installer isn’t completely functional for some people.
      • § I recommend the user to install to a separate folder and just Copy/Paste the files into their Mabinogi directory for now.

- Patch designed to function with NA r70, though added support for other regions running G12.
    • Patch might cease to function at the update of libraries. Please wait for an update at that time.
      • § This also means that the patch will not work with old pre-G11 libraries . . .

- Library is lightly packed as to avoid people just throwing Ollydbg at it.
    • Anti-viruses should not flag this library, though please warn me if that does happen.

Features:
  • - Typically from Fantasia’s source
    • Load data from “Data” directory before referencing .pack files.

o CPU thread reduction

o Block ending Ads

o Enable daylight appearance between 18:00 ~ 4:00

o Self-right click enabled on user

o Enabled Full-screen antialiasing

o Open player shops from a distance

o Increase in-game clock size

o Modify zoom distance limiter

o Same-channel change enabled

o Movement while talking to NPCs

o Removed 30 second login delay

o Show item NPC price

o Talk to unequipped spirit weapon

o Control-target props within combat mode

- New additions (Collaborated ideas)
    • Unlocked Character animation
      • § Quite literally removes client restrictions up to a certain point. It’s useful in range if you know how to use it. Aside from that—testing purposes only!

o Placement locker (Typically, no one will want this)

o Action delays removed from skills, and attacks.
      • § Respectively known as the “Is Enabled” edits.

o True Bitmap font
      • § Comes with a new interface style. Title.english.txt modified to accompany this. Should the user decide to disable this, note that disabling it while the game is running will automatically activate Nogiparty’s Bitmap. I matched the resource IDs for just that.

o Interface active
      • § Item access for drop/pickup disabled.

§ Ideally, I just have this here for people who would like to turn off EvG. Can’t help it if the other party has an advantage with revival—so use this.

o Trans Model removal
      • § Transformation model is completely removed. Character's title will change upon 'transformation,' bonus stats will be given. Simply said, the character will be transformed yet look the same. This is a client effect.

- Ported from 2Chan
    (Yes, 2chan <.<)
    • Channel movement description removal
      • § Removed channel-changing interruptions, i.e. “You will lose this much Gold/EXP for leaving the area so soon.” Does not affect log-out . . . I think.

o Full Channel Join
      • § Enables user to join a full channel. This is untested of course; I’ve never seen a full channel in my entire Mabinogi career.

o Nao soon (Not really needed anymore)

- Ported from Jinsu – hope to expand more on this later
    • Enabled golem modifications
      • § Talk while possessing golem, hit props (useless), and will not switch back to user after hitting the limitation of range from user.

- Test/Outdated functions/Other
      • Range Animation switch – Toggle able within in-game menu
        • § Gives the option to activate the “placebo” fixes. 1 = Off; 2 = “Elf Lag Fix” 3 = Animation modifier.
          • · Animation modifier: Essentially the opposite of “Elf Lag Fix” which disables MovingAim. Instead, MovingAim is always active. THIS IS A CLIENT EFFECT. It makes for seamless range animation.

o View all titles, regardless of having them or not.

o Final kick switch
        • § I will not talk about this. Either you know how to use it or you don’t.

Installation/Uninstallation of Patch:
  • - Installing just requires the 3 files listed and provided to be within the root Mabinogi folder.

• § dbghelp.dll – File size will be around 2 megs.

§ dbghelp.dllx – This is the standard dbghelp library which is accesses by the client through the patch. Around 1045 KBs

§ GerentPatch.ini – Used for configuration of the patcher

- Uninstalling involves a deletion and a rename.

• § dbghelp.dll – Delete this

§ dbghelp.dllx – Rename this to dbghelp.dll (The file above)
      • · Never delete this file.

§ GerentPatch.ini – Optional to delete this. It affects nothing once the above dbghelp.dll is deleted.

Installation/Uninstallation of Installer:
  • - Installing with an installer . . . no offense, just no. Read the directions on the installer itself.

- Uninstalling however, that’s different.
    • I did not make an uninstaller (yet), so follow the basic pointers.
      • § Follow the directions above ^ “. . . dbghelp.dll – Delete this . . .”

§ You may want to additionally delete the data folder too—that will be up to you.

Side information (Myself!):

The Gerent project was something I started so I could learn. Really, I have minimal coding knowledge (Hooray for taking ICS100 right now). Anyways, this was originally a little plan so I could share modifications with friends in an easier fashion. But hell, this project presented so many options—I had to do more in terms of production. So in the end, I figured the public could take a gander at it.

I’m free to requests, opinions, criticism (within limits), and so on. Just don’t go asking for game-breakers. Kissing-butt for just makes it worse. All I can say now is . . .

Do not redistribute this without my permission. Additionally, do not include it in some other compilation without my permission.

I mean really, I provided an installer and all.

Virus Scans:
Once again, I remind you: This is a packed library.

Download:

Enjoy. –J. Heck
Thanks
22 Users
Old 09/22/2010, 03:26   #2

Include a virus scan in a spoiler please.
Old 09/22/2010, 03:42   #3

Alright. Also, I'll be frequently updating this I suppose--so yeah; keep that in mind I guess.
Old 09/22/2010, 03:47   #4

Thank you.
Old 09/22/2010, 05:13   #5

Good to see a tiara alternate. I didn't really like tiara anymore after g10 patch due to its faulty map mods.
Old 09/22/2010, 06:35   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc33kr View Post
Good to see a tiara alternate. I didn't really like tiara anymore after g10 patch due to its faulty map mods.
I don't think the map files are any different than Tiara's r67... I was going after the databse files first that's why. However, I do know what you're talking about, so I'll make it a point to fix that--if it hasn't been fixed already.
Old 09/22/2010, 22:14   #7

Yes, a person who will fix some parts that I didn't like about tiara.
I can start relying on publics mods now.

the default setting on the .ini looks good too. The thing about tiara is that, every time you update mods, your .ini gets messed up. :/
Old 09/22/2010, 22:31   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc33kr View Post
Yes, a person who will fix some parts that I didn't like about tiara.
I can start relying on publics mods now.

the default setting on the .ini looks good too. The thing about tiara is that, every time you update mods, your .ini gets messed up. :/
Ever thought of backing up your ini file? Cause the only way that it can be "messed up" would be the fact that tiara must replace your old one?

Oh, warning back up your nogi party ini's. I learned that the fun way when I ignored Joe's warning as I was testing it.....
Old 09/22/2010, 23:39   #9

Can you upload a version without the installer?
Old 09/23/2010, 00:47   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkbox View Post
Can you upload a version without the installer?
Yeah, I'll get it on my Mediafire then. The referral to it is literally "Cortex".

Do keep in mind, the library is encrypted. I'm really just doing that to see how far I can go with file security and such. Though it'll be pretty cool if I can figure out how to get the memory patcher to pull system time and set an expiry date; while the logic is there, I still have barely any experience.
Old 09/23/2010, 02:14   #11

That's okay. Iesuok and I have done the same thing in terms of measures to protects against leaks. It really only protects against amateurs which is usually enough.

Assuming that this has no malicious content in it, I'm just interested in seeing the progression of the public modding community.
Old 09/23/2010, 03:10   #12

Just thought I'd ask...why is everything switched around? What I mean is, why is my title before my name and AM/PM before the time on my clock? o_o

Edit: Repeated item/equip names too o_o
Edit2: Just realised they aren't really repeated as such, just 2 different variations
Old 09/23/2010, 04:23   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkbox View Post
That's okay. Iesuok and I have done the same thing in terms of measures to protects against leaks. It really only protects against amateurs which is usually enough.

Assuming that this has no malicious content in it, I'm just interested in seeing the progression of the public modding community.
Kou actually gave me a good amount of pointers which I'm trying to follow... but yeah, I want to see how far I can go with this--if it's even worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctuary08 View Post
Just thought I'd ask...why is everything switched around? What I mean is, why is my title before my name and AM/PM before the time on my clock? o_o

Edit: Repeated item/equip names too o_o
Edit2: Just realised they aren't really repeated as such, just 2 different variations
While attempting to get all the fonts enabled, a friend stumbled across that. All it does is enable the KR/JP interface so to speak. I personally like it this way, however if you don't like it:

Disable the Bitmap within Gerent, while also removing the "title.english.txt"
within data\local\xml\. The reason for the second part being: if you wanted to NOT see something like, "<Insert name here> The one Who Saved the Goddess".

With the way it is now, you can see real equip names. >:
"Blessed Snowdrop Wing Bow of Windmill Palm" vs. "Blessed Snowfall Palmtree Wingbow"
It places the prefixes and suffixes correctly!
Old 09/23/2010, 21:17   #14

I really liked the foreign interface.

It reminds me the old days of when i played korean mabi. xP
Old 09/24/2010, 04:28   #15

Wow, this is the first decent thing i've seen in a long time.

Someone who's made a full fledged working memory patch for the public..

I'm amazed that someone here has done something.

Tags
gerent, mabinogi, memory patcher, r67