Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release]ecSRO DirectX Bypass

Discussion on [Release]ecSRO DirectX Bypass within the SRO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release]ecSRO DirectX Bypass

It seems I've caused confusion about what this does and how it should be used. This is a modified launcher that "SHOULD" bypass the need to have DirectX 9.0B installed.

There's a project that will allow a Windows XP user to have DirectX10 on an
XP machine. When I had this installed, I could no longer run ECSRO. It would give me the following Error.

However, I noticed that on Windows Vista this was also an issue. My brother would have the same problem unless he changed a few things. I made the launcher for my own personal use, but it also fixed the problems on Vista as well. I've tested it on his machine (Windows Vista 32Bit) and my machine (Windows XP 32Bit & 64Bit). They both work very well except for the occasional "DirectX Error" caused by the client itself. Using this launcher I noticed that I have fewer of these errors, but I can't vouch for every machine.

Anyway to sum it up. Use this with Windows XP (DX10) and Windows Vista without any changes to bypass the need to have Direct X 9.0B. I don't know what will happen if you try and load the game with a version lower than 9.0C I haven't tried it. If anyone wants to do so.. post it here! I hope this has helped clear up the use of this file atleast a little. I'm very bad at explaining stuff.

Anyway, scan and download below.

SCAN:

DOWNLOAD:

How do I download?
1.) Hit Request Ticket
2.) Hit Download

If you interested in how I did it, see below. There's probably a nicer way to do it. But.. it was for my own personal use and it does what I need it to do. So I don't really care much.

Code:
Programs Used;
"W32Dasm"
"HIEW_611"

String References, Find

"szDirectXVersionLetter" // Obvious enough? Eh?

:00405520 68A8464800               push 004847A8 //Pushes the check

Find the first jump which is 

:0040552D 7C37                      JL 00405566 //Jump to if less than

CHANGE 7C37 to EB37.  //"EB" is the JMP command
EDIT3:
I posted this over and ecSRO. Seeing as the other thread got locked, they'll probably dismiss it. If they do then this was a waste of my time as no one knows how to read.

EDIT2:
Some people have reported this not working on Vista, but I'm pretty sure I know why. Even though it bypasses the need to have DirectX installed to open it. You still should have 9.0C Installed. Windows XP (DX10) users would have already installed 9.0C. You might also be able to fix this by copying d3d9.dll to your ecSRO folder, but since I can't test that I'm not sure.

EDIT:
If you can confirm this working please let me know.
Any Errors you get using this and not the original please post it here! Remember always back up your originals!
Thanks
13 Users
Old 03/01/2009, 17:35   #2

Received Thanks: 1,347
# Safety Confirmed

The above scan is true,
Old 03/01/2009, 19:24   #3

this problem is easy pizzy to solve.
just put in comparability v and select windows xp sp2
well right now i am getting errors or no erros with this way..
i can't log because it doesn't even say that there is server traffic only saying that its connecting then disappearing (ecsro)

edit:
mannnnnnnnnnnnnn
this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am getting the traffic error FINALLY AFTER A WEEK
ty mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn +rep
Old 03/01/2009, 20:03   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaronpro View Post
this problem is easy pizzy to solve.
just put in comparability v and select windows xp sp2
well right now i am getting errors or no erros with this way..
i can't log because it doesn't even say that there is server traffic only saying that its connecting then disappearing (ecsro)

edit:
mannnnnnnnnnnnnn
this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am getting the traffic error FINALLY AFTER A WEEK
ty mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn +rep
Well, I'm glad it worked for you. Btw; I'd also like to say you shouldn't have to do that just to dull down to DX9. This will basically force it to use whatever you're using. Such as DX10, DX10.1.. hell I'd even imagine it'd run on DX7 now.
Old 04/23/2009, 21:46   #5

mine is giving a error:

sory.faild to exucute silkroad. [error code (5)]...
does anyone know how to solve this???
Old 04/24/2009, 13:54   #6

get a sro_client.exe lol
Old 04/25/2009, 00:02   #7

Alright, let me understand... what the hell this thing supposed to be? The only change I see is that the "option" button finally works, did it meant to be something else?
-Vista 32bit user
Old 04/30/2009, 02:09   #8

nice work dude

how should i work this??
Old 06/15/2009, 00:31   #9

the fken download link is dead, how the **** do you expect me to download this ****??
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/15/2009, 01:48   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerlk View Post
the fken download link is dead, how the **** do you expect me to download this ****??
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/17/2009, 06:55   #11

Windowns Xp 64Bits user

It's works perfectly.

Thanks
Old 07/22/2009, 20:39   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFGMOOSE View Post
While ORIGINALLY designed for Windows XP with DX10 this will work for Vista. I made this because, I recently found a way to use DX10 with Windows XP, but this causes issues with the way DXDiag shows your DirectX version. Mine says 9 (OR higher) 'cause it doesn't know how to show DX10. I will not explain how this is done. Google it.

This is not a modified client.. rather a modified launcher.. which I'm pretty sure is completely against the rules.. However.. is almost impossible to detect. To be on the safe side; "YOU" use this file at your own risk.

Tested on 2 Machines: Vista 32Bit, XP 32BIT. Anyone with a 64Bit
wanna confirm this working for them? Thanks.

SCAN:

DOWNLOAD:

How do I download?
1.) Hit Request Ticket
2.) Hit Download

FOR THE INCLINED!

Here's the information on how it's done. If you must post it elsewhere; I expect to see my name somewhere mentioned in the post.

Note:
OH, and don't use reshacker on the .exe it's in Korean and it's annoying.

Code:
Programs Used;
"W32Dasm"
"HIEW_611"

String References, Find

"szDirectXVersionLetter" // Obvious enough? Eh?

:00405520 68A8464800               push 004847A8 //Pushes the check

Find the first jump which is 

:0040552D 7C37                      JL 00405566 //Jump to if less than

CHANGE 7C37 to EB37.  //"EB" is the JMP command

EDIT: I'm seeing views, but no comments. I'd really appreciate someone who has had this problem testing it and posting.
i dont understand how to doooo all this sorry im noob Dx help me plz cuz i try using the modified launcher and it says its missing like a filemanager.dll thing. helpppppppppp.
Old 07/22/2009, 21:38   #13

elite*gold: 25
can u tell us why we need to change this?
i have direct x9 c
Old 08/01/2009, 14:10   #14

Whoops.

It seems I've caused some confusion. I'm going to edit the previous post to explain better. Re-check the first post when I'm done. I hope I can explain what this does a little better.

EDIT: Alright post is edited and is looking much better now.
Old 08/18/2009, 12:44   #15

i don't understant how to use this prokrem or what it is ..